Wellness Walk- Bridge Walk for Mental Health
Now in its sixth year, the Wellness Walk is the creation of Larry Smith. Larry started up the Wellness Walk across the Sydney Harbour Bridge after going to New York and participating in the NAMI Walks over the Brooklyn Bridge in support of mental health and fighting stigma. The NAMI Walk now takes place in more than 80 locations across the USA.
This year more than 50,000 people in more than 85 communities across the USA will walk in support of mental health. The NAMI Walk has grown exponentially, ours is just beginning!
The Wellness Walk is a fantastic opportunity for you to get out for a walk and increase your physical activity, while showing your support for people living with mental illness, their families and carers.
The Wellness Walk is an awareness raising exercise for Mental Health and also operates as a fundraiser to support essential services for people living with mental illness.
There are two options to choose from; either 2km walk around the beautiful Royal Botanic Gardens or a 5.9km across the iconic Sydney Harbour Bridge and back.
- Warm up with our pre-event activities or grab yourself a coffee to get the heart going.
- Meet some of New South Wales' best NRL players.
- Hula-hoop your way to Face Painting, then head on over to the Photo Booth to get a snap.
- After the walk Prizes are up for grabs with awards for Kids Best Dressed, Largest Team and Most Funds Raised (team and individual prize).
- Enjoy live music on the beautiful grounds of Government House, Sydney.
Reward yourself with a sausage sizzle, you deserve it.
Don’t forget to set up your individual or team fundraising page to help keep essential mental health services running in NSW - there are a number of great prizes up for grabs!