In 2017 we remember the sacrifices and valour of Australians 75 years ago on the Kokoda track in PNG. In October a group of men and women will walk this bloody track in order to raise awareness and funds for Hummingbird House to continue its mission. We feel that, just like the veterans of Kokoda, Hummingbird House answers the call and steps up to help those in need.
So, we are walking the track to raise the money Hummingbird House needs to help Queensland families.
Hummingbird House provide short break stays, family wellbeing services, creative therapies, and care at the end of life for children with life-limiting conditions, and their families. There are over 3,700 children affected by life-limiting conditions in Queensland, and it costs over $3 million each year to operate Hummingbird House as a free service for Queensland families.
Here are just some of the ways your donation will help support Queensland families:
• $50 - funds a weeks’ worth of specialist formula feed
• $100 - funds a 'date night' for parents on the Hummingbird House rooftop terrace
• $1,000 - funds 10 sessions of music therapy
• $5,000 - funds 30 splash sessions in the Hummingbird House pool with an aquatic physiotherapist
• $10,000 - funds an art therapy program for 12 months
• $20,000 - helps support a camp for siblings of children living with life-limiting conditions
• $30,000 - funds a family wellbeing initiative tailored to support male parents and carers of children living with life-limiting conditions
• $40,000 - funds a program to support families choosing to receive care at the end of life for their child at home (rather in hospital or hospice)
• $50,000 - provides a 12 month travel support fund, to help regional and remote families travelling to Hummingbird House
If you would like to join the trip, sponsor a walker, or would like more information please contact Daniel Mott on email@example.com.