Aim For The Stars, founded in 2003 by seven-time World Champion surfer, Layne Beachley supports some of the countries most disadvantaged yet determined women through financial grants and mentoring. Our mission statement is to be the catalyst for young women to transform their potential into reality.
Since 2003 Aim for the Stars has helped to create 23 Olympian and Paralympians, 13 World Champions, 5 United Nations presenters, 1 nominee for Young Australian of the Year, 31 creative stars, 39 social and community leaders, 16 climate changers and 14 amazing scientists.
Others have created an impact in areas such as:
• Working with people with disabilities
• Scientific research in areas such as spinal research, cancer, autism and the birth of stars
• Indigenous health and well being
• Mental health
• Aged care
• Education in third world and remote and rural regions
• Environmental studies into the Great Barrier Reef, Antarctica and endangered marine life and waste management
• World-class performers in ballet, dance, theatre and music